Shopping online is a breeze for most people but is it so for jewelry items, especially for bangles or bracelets ?
Do you have to physically try the item on before purchasing because you don’t know what size to order online?
Have you missed out on bargains or items you would like to own simply because you don’t know what to order?
Have you ever bought a bangle and on arrival you found it too small or hard to wear?
To make things easy and to buy a well fitted item you need to know as much information as possible about the item you are buying, your personal specifics and correct measurements.
This means you must be able to measure yourself for a bangle that you consider well fitted for your style.
Various methods to determine the size of bangles/bracelets are on the Internet.
The methods below can be used to determine your measurement if you want to buy a bangle/bracelet in general and specifically from LOYATOBS CREATIONS.
- Using a tape measure, piece of string, piece of ribbon or even a strip of paper and a ruler.
- Measure around the wrist or round where you would normally wear a bracelet.
- Mark or note where the ends meet, with no overlapping of the tape or other. If you used any material other than the tape measure you will need to then measure this length with a ruler.
- This would give you a fitted measure for those who dislike bracelets moving about on the wrist or arm. The measurement would be a fit inclusive of any clasps or openings in the bracelet.
- But you can Increase the wrist measurement in increments of 1/4 inch to give it a looser fit.
- Remember adding to the fitted measurement of your bracelet notwithstanding where you wear it on your arm will make it less fitted and prone to moving up and down your arm. So it could be well fitted/snug, comfortable/loose or very loose wherever you choose to wear them.
- You should develop your own style and therefore be comfortable with what you are wearing.
In the image the wrist measurement is 15cm/6inches for a snug fit on this part of the arm. This type of snug measurement will give you a tight fit open bangle or bracelet. The same effect will be for a snug measurement wherever you measure along the arm.
These methods can be used to measure for closed bangles including LOYATOBS closed bangles unless otherwise stated.
- Hold your hand up as if you want to put on a bangle and tuck your thumb in towards your little finger.
- Measure around the hand at the widest point ( Knuckles) with a tape measure or other material. Your measurement should not be too tight. If you used a strip of paper or other mark the paper and measure it with a ruler. This is the circumference of your hand.
- Use the following chart ( Indian Bangle Chart) to determine the diameter of your hand, based on the circumference.
|Bangle Size(Indian)||Circumference Ins||Circumference Mm|
In the image the measurement is 21 cm/210mm so according to the table the closed bangle size is either 2.8 if you don’t mind a little squeeze or 2-10 for free movement over the hand.
In the second method you can use a bangle that fits you perfectly, that you have already purchased or that you already own.
- Measure the inside diameter of the bangle.
- Use this chart to determine your size
|Bangle Size(Indian)||Diameter Ins||Diameter Mm|
According to the above table:
The first image of an open bangle has a measurement of 5cm/50mm.
The second closed bangle (which will pass over the hand) measurement of 6cm/60mm will give you a size 2-6
The third image of a closed bangle (which will pass over the hand) has a measurement of 6.5cm/65mm will give you a size 2-10.
I hope this information helps you.